Preparing for spring MVC is not as easy as it seems. If you are here, you must have received the interview call for the post you applied for. First of all, congratulations and secondly, it’s time to buckle up and get started with the presentation.
You will need to prepare various spring MVC interview questions for the Interview. In addition to these questions, you will also need to pay equal attention to the managerial round interview questions.
But, first things first, this article will guide you on the various interview questions based on spring MVC that you may have to face while sitting in the interviewer’s cabin. Although there are a lot of interview questions that can be asked in the managerial round.
Also, various Spring MVC-based questions are asked during the Interview, we have gathered the interview questions with different difficulty levels for you.
Top 18 Spring MVC Interview Questions
Following are the top 15 questions along with their answers asked in the interviews associated with spring MVC quite often:
1. What is Spring?
Spring is a component that forms a complete framework. The Spring serves the code in various forms, including providing it with an IOC container, MWS flow, dependency injector, and other different APIs that help the java programmer to execute a code.
2. What are the transaction management types supported by Spring?
Spring supports two types of transaction management types. The first is programmatic transaction management, and the other is declarative transaction management types.
3. What are the advantages of Spring?
There are various benefits of using Spring. Some are listed as:
- Easy to use third-party tools and tech simultaneously with this technique
- The code becomes reusable
- The components are used extensively, and hence, it is convenient
- Uses patterns in coding and implementation.
- Helps in removing the leaking connections easily.
4. What is spring MVC?
The Spring MVC is a controller shared singly by the programmer. It can manage the request type container, interceptors, multiple dispatcher servlets, and much more.
5. What are the different modules used in the spring framework?
Following are the types of modules used in the spring framework:
- MVC framework module
- Web module
- Object/relational (O/R) mapping integration module
- Application context module
- A module or aspect-oriented programming module
- Core container module
- JDBC abstraction and DAO module
6. What is a dispatcher servlet?
Dispatcher servlet is the core servlet. It controls all game incoming HTTP requests sent by the users and handles their responses. The dispatcher server works with Spring IOC, allowing it to use all the features appropriately.
7. What are spring MVC interceptors?
The MVC interceptors receive the user-provided request and intercept it at the junction. Afterward, interceptors will process the request accepted by clients at different instants throughout the process. The requests are processed before and also after handling the request.
8. Does spring MVC provide support for validation? If yes, how?
Yes, Spring MVC provides support for validation. It provides support for validation in 2 different methods, namely by the JSR 303 annotation, through the manual method, Or by using the validator interface.
9. What are the features of the spring framework?
There are many features of spring frameworks to make Java programming easier. Following other features of Spring Framework:
- IoC: This is one of the most significant features of Spring Framework. It allows the programmer to reuse the object and its dependents throughout the code and it is done without establishing an environment for them again and again. It allows the programmer to generate and test any object throughout the code and at any time.
- MVC architecture: The architecture of Spring is highly news for several technologies and web applications.
- Aspect-oriented programming: The AOP Feature of Spring allows the code to be easily maintained by the coder throughout the span. It helps in differentiating the secondary functions from the existing programmer’s logic in terms of business.
10. What are the components of the Spring Framework?
The Spring Framework is made up of 3 major components. These components are spring AOP, Spring MVC, and spring core. The Spring Framework has layers and allows using selective components per the programmer’s requirement.
11. Why use the Spring MVC framework in place of others?
There are many ways in which spring MVC frameworks are better than the other frameworks available for the programmers. Following are some reasons why:
- Reusable business codes allows to use the part of code again and again
- You can customize binding and validation components wild using spring MVC frameworks
- For every different role, a separate or specific object is provided, and hence the functions are executive accurately
- You can customize the local and theme resolution within the framework
- it is easy to customize view resolution and handler mapping to make the work easier
12. What is the bean in the spring framework
Bean refers to a class generated by the IoC container in a spring framework. The initialization, scope, and other aspects of the bean are decided and executed by the IoC Container only.
13. What does the scope of bean mean?
Scope of the bean contains the protocol or rules regarding the accessibility and availability of the elements in the bean in code. Decides whether the components will be accessible by different parts of the code or not.
14. What are the different scopes of spring beans?
There are five scopes of spring beans, namely prototype, Singleton, session, request, and global session. You can use any scope as per your requirement and the functioning of the court
15. What do you understand by the front controller class?
The front controller class is simply a controller that is responsible for handling the requests provided by the users through the portal of the web application. In spring MVC, the dispatcher servlet serves as the front controller class.
16. Write down some of the valid return types of a controller method.
Following are some of the popular valid return types of a controller method:
- HTTP headers
- HttpEntity<?> or ResponseEntity<?>Each return type has some specific purpose, like if you don’t want to return any view name, then make the return type void. If you want to return the view name, then make the return type a String.
17. How is the right view chosen when it comes to the rendering phase?
When the Controller returns logical view names to the DispatcherServlet, it then consults with the ViewResolver to find the right view.
Depending on the implementation of the ViewResolver, it resolves the logical view into the physical resource like a JSP page.
18. What are the different ways we can read data from the form in Spring MVC?
Following are the ways by which we can read data from the form:
- The @RequestParam annotation is used for reading the form data and binds it with the method parameter present in the controller.
- The @ModelAttribute annotation allows us to read the form data and bind it to a Java object.
- The HttpServletRequest interface(a Java interface) is used to read the HTML from data from the user
While preparing for spring MVC interview questions, make sure you know all the answers to the questions in a technical manner.
Also, do not forget to glance at the managerial round interview questions and answers to increase your chances of getting the job for which you have applied.