DIY lamp projects with easy and splendid tutorials. Paint, dress in a fabric, decorated with lace or pompoms. There are many variations to customize a bedside lamp and give it fresh, chic, and fun air. It feels good to buy yourself a new object to spice up the interior, but it’s even better to add a personal touch to the atmosphere. In this article, we will focus our attention on one of the key accessories in interior design – lighting. Since we know how important it is to ensure a relaxing atmosphere in your bedroom, we offer you some tutorials for your DIY bedside lamp project. Follow the easy-to-repeat steps or find your favorite model from the photos below to transform the space vividly and landscape drawing.
- Plastic spoon pack
- Yellow acrylic paint
- A few sheets of green paper
- Plastic bottle
- Strong glue
- Simple model table lamp with an electric bulb
DIY lamp projects with easy and splendid tutorials
Steps to follow:
- Cut off the handles of the plastic spoons.
- Use yellow paint to paint the spoons.
- Cut a plastic bottle horizontally in half.
- Make a hole in the middle of the bottom of the bottle.
- Start gluing the yellow spoons on the lower part of the bottle. Try to structure the spoons to mimic the shape of a pineapple.
- Take the green paper to cut out identical strips. Fold and assemble them to create the green crown of the pineapple.
- Place the plastic pineapple on the table lamp. Be careful and leave enough free space between the interior walls of the bottle and the light bulb. Your best bet is to use a larger size bottle.
You will need:
- Glass container
- Light garland of simple design
- A little chicken roasting
- Some inspiring or family photos
- Small wooden clothespins
Steps to repeat:
- Place the fairy lights in the container.
- Use the chicken wire to form the upper part of the lamp.
- Hang your favorite photos on the fence using the clips. To make the photos stand out, you can put a white sheet behind the fence.
Inspiration from nature
The materials needed:
- Bedside lamp
- Fabric in preferred design (white fabric with blue butterfly silhouette in the image below)
- Acrylic paint – white, green, turquoise blue
- Self-hardening polymer clay
- Butterfly molds
The secrets of the incredible transformation in detail:
- Place the embroidery on the lamp following its outlines. Cut this necessary.
- Secure the fabric with the tacks.
- Paint thе lamp base white, аnd let dry well.
- Pour some green paint and turquoise blue paint on a surface.
- Mix the two colors using the sponge and start painting the lamp base again.
- Use polymer clay and molds to make 3D butterflies.
- Glue the 3D butterflies on the base of the lamp.
Magic ball lamp
What you will need:
- Glass pot
- Cotton balls
- Light string
- Electric drill
The steps to follow:
- If you are using simple cotton balls, you need to hang them on the fairy lights. You can also opt for a garland ready to design cotton balls.
- In case your string light does not work with batteries, you will need to make a hole in the glass container to pass the cable. To make it easier, you can simply choose a model with batteries.
- Indeed, all you need to do is put the light garland in the pot and you will have your magic lamp ready.
Design in newspaper or magazine clippings
- Favorite design magazine or newspaper page
- Pair of scissors
- Small wireless bedside lamp (battery operated)
How to make your lamp:
- In the photo below we use a black and white photo magazine page. To start the project, cut out the photo following the contours of the castle.
- Once done, you can fold the image and secure the ends with tape.
- Next, you place the bedside lamp in the center of the paper figurine.
Lamp in the shape of a book
The materials used to make the lamp:
- Single or rope bedside lamp with an electric bulb
- Utility knife
Carry out the project step by step:
- If you are using a bedside lamp you have to separate the body from the rope because we will only use the rope. You can also get a simple electric cord.
- Then take the rope with the bulb, open the book and draw the outline of the bulb as shown in the image below.
- Then use the utility knife to cut the pages.
- You have to make a hole to let the rope pass.
- Place the bulb in the book. You can secure the pages around the cord with a rubber band.
Also Read: Art tip