Linksys Velop setup is easy with the Linksys app. It provides a virtual guide to identify the nodes automatically. So you can set up your Linksys Velop with a secure and seamless network. Linksys router setup provides uninterrupted internet connectivity to the entire devices in your home environment. Configuring your Wi-Fi devices is easy, but a few clients find it hard to install by themselves. Although, it hardly takes 15 minutes to install and get the Basic setup via the Linksys app. Do you want to know how to set up Linksys Velop with an iOS device? If yes, then follow the steps that we are just going to describe below:
- Linksyssmartwifi.com Linksys app with the latest firmware
- An iOS device with an updated version.
- Fast internet connection through your modem router gateway or the modem only.
Let’s follow the steps to know how to setup Linksys Velop router
Remove your existing router and disconnect the modem from the power outlet. Connect your modem to the internet port through the coaxial cable. Connect the modem and the Linksys Velop setup nodes to the electric outlet. Wait for the LED light to turn solid. Linksys Velop purple light shows it is powered. Once the LED light on your Linksys Velop is solid purple, open the app and tap the button “: How to setup Linksys Velop router on a new Wi-Fi network.” You have to turn the Bluetooth if prompted. You can even choose the option, set up without Bluetooth. Read the terms and conditions and then click the button Agree to get the next Linksys router setup page.
- You will receive prompts to select what type of device you have. Choose the option VELOP.
- Plug the node into an electric outlet and hit the button it’s plugged in.
- Position the node accordingly, and then select the Next option.
- Click it in the Open on the next screen you receive.
- Follow the in-app instructions carefully and click the tab, it is connected.
- You will see a window “Waking up your Node.” Let it go as it is.
- If you see a purple LED, click the YES button.
- Otherwise, click the NO button that the LED light is not blinking purple.
- You will then receive further instructions.
- If you have more Linksys Velop setup nodes with the purple light, then them off for a few minutes until the parent node gets its configurations.
- They will now check for the internet connection.
- If it detects your internet connection successfully for the PPPoE network or the Static WAN IP address, you should check your cable connections.
- If you did not find the connection, a screen with the different options appears on your device.
- You have to choose the option, “Do you have ISP settings to enter?” and then select your Internet connection.
- Click the Next on the screen with the option, “Let’s give your modem a quick start.”
- And then choose what type of ISP settings do you have?
- You will receive three options for your internet connection, like Static IP, PPPoE, and PPPoE over VLAN. After that create a Linksys server account or log in with your existing account details.
- Wait for the node until it links with your account. Personalize your Wi-Fi network. For this, you can enter your preferred settings and then click the Next button.
- Wait till the setup configures your Linksys router setup Choose a location to set up your nodes. And then hit the Next button.
- Here you can customize your network name. For this, choose the button “Name it something else and enter the desired name for your Linksys Velop node.
You have set up your Linksys Velop node successfully. It is all about how to set up Linksys Velop on an iOS device. Tap the Next button if you wish to add another Node. Otherwise, hit the button that’s it for now. You are always open to more nodes to add to your Linksys Velop setup network. Linksys Velop node update happens automatically overnight. They can also show crashes to make your router better. Tap on the Next button to continue. Your Wi-Fi network is ready to use. You can go to the Dashboard to check the connection of your devices and the Velop setup nodes.
How to setup Linksys Velop nodes without the app?
- Firstly, connect your Linksys Velop router with the modem router or the router’s internet connection.
- Then connect your computer to the Wi-Fi network of your Linksys Velop setup.
- Next, you need to launch a web browser. And then, input the web address linksyssmartwifi.com into the Web Link bar.
- After that, press the “Enter” button on your computer’s keyboard.
- It will open another screen that will instruct you to replace the web links that you have to enter into the Addy.
- Next, log in and type in the paraphrase “admin” as your default password and username. And then click on the “Linksys router login” button.
- Once logged in, provide the “SSID and Password” of your Linksys Velop setup device. And then, select the “Setup Node” button.
- Subsequently, set up other Nodes with the parent node. After that, choose the option “Done with the Adding Node”.
- Now, go to the computer and open your wifi settings. Look for the WiFi name of your Linksys Velop just established by you.
- Next, open a web browser on your computer, type in the web IP address 192.168.1.1, and press the “Enter” key.
- On the next page, select your “Velop Logo” and input the default password of your Linksys router setup device.
- It is how to set up Linksys Velop without the app. If you need more information, read the below paragraph.
Now, check the bottom-right corner to find a link. If you find it, select it. On the navigation page, choose the button “Connectivity.” Subsequently, go to the “Linksys Velop Setup” option. Here you will set up the Wi-Fi name and the passkey. So input your preferred username and password very carefully. Next, select the “Setup Node” option and for further support, speak to our tech support executives. You can contact them through the chat window at the bottom of the screen or reach us via our toll-free helpline numbers.