A bathroom is an area inside any premise that is often used. In commercial complexes where offices and retail outlets dominate, bathrooms, mostly toilets, are meant for public use. Hence, the area is exposed and used by multiple people. Such an area is prone and comes under threat of attracting diseases. As several people use the same bathroom in such complexes, the toilet’s hygiene becomes a trivial issue. Commercial bathroom cleaning is not in our hands, but domestic bathroom cleaning is an important job that every household should consider part of their routine.
Although the family members use the bathroom at home, keeping the area clean is an important task. Bathroom cleaning tips and tricks are handed over from generations and are, in fact, quite handy and helpful tips in keeping the area clean. So, let’s analyze a few tips and tricks to keep the bathroom sparkling clean:
Also, Read – Best Budget Tiles for Your Bathroom
Get rid of soap scums
If you are the type who believes in home remedies to keep your bathroom clean, then this tip is for you. Take 3 tablespoons of baking soda and a half cup of ammonia and put both the ingredients in 2 cups of warm water. Spill the solution on the bathroom floor and wipe/scrub with a sponge or rag to see the difference. The surface will be spotlessly clean.
Toilets need intensive cleaning to ensure that bathrooms are clean.
Toilets are an integral part of bathrooms, especially if the bath and toilet are within the same area. Hence, a clean toilet will ensure a clean bathroom. Though given a choice, nobody is excited about indulging in toilet cleaning, yet the area cannot be left unattended. Check the super budget-friendly and straightforward trick to keep the toilet clean.
- Take 2 antacid tablets or sprinkle baking soda into the bowl. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes, and then scrub the bowl with the available toilet brush. Then flush it to find it sparkling clean. If you do not have Antacid tablets, you can use Vitamin C tablets instead.
- You will be amazed to see the power of Cola in keeping your toilet clean. Empty the content of the can and let it sit for 20 minutes. Flush to find the bowl spotless clean.
- Did you ever know the utility of your mouthwash apart from swishing it in your mouth? Well, you will find it now. Just pour one-fourth cup of mouthwash into the bowl, and then after 20 minutes, flush it to leave the area clean.
Deal with mildew on shower curtains
Moisture in the bathroom is responsible for mildew formation on shower curtains. It doesn’t look good. Soaking the curtains in salt water and then rinsing the same helps to get rid of the issue to a great extent. Another tip is to mix half a cup of borax and vinegar and allow it to sit in the affected area. Scrub cleans the area after 15 minutes.
When we talk about bathroom cleaning, the entire area comes under consideration. While you may be busy cleaning the toilet and fixtures of the bathroom, one area that usually gets neglected is the ceiling of the bathroom. Built-up grime and mildew may be seen in the top. Reach for the ceiling with a sponge dipped in water and vinegar to scrub it clean. You may fill a squeezy bottle with the solution and use it to clean the ceiling.
Get rid of the stubborn water spots.
Water spots can be seen on the tiles, tubs, sink, and glass tops. Removing such stains is a challenge. Any of the two options can be used to keep the problem at bay.
- Dissolve 1 cup salt in 2 liters of water to scrub clean the area.
- Another solution for washing the area is mixing half a cup of vinegar and baking soda with one cup of ammonia in 4 liters of warm water.
Oh, those rust stains
How can we forget to address the problem of rust formation on commodes, sinks, and tubs? Here is a good home remedy for dealing with the situation. Take toothpaste on a used toothbrush, and the scrub is clean. Lemon juice with borax is also an excellent solution to treat the issue. Any of the solutions mentioned above can work on stubborn stains of rust.
Sparkle the glass doors
Having a glass shower door in the bathroom looks cool and trendy. But soap scum built-up can make the appearance bothersome. Try any of the following methods to deal with the issue:
- Squeeze a little shaving cream and use a rag to scrub the area.
- Keep white vinegar in a spray bottle in the washing area. Make it a habit to clean the water spots with vinegar and a sponge post-shower daily.
- Scrub the door with vegetable oil sprayed on the glass door to clean the water stains.
- Make a half cup baking soda solution, half cup Hydrogen Peroxide, and ¼ cup dishwashing liquid. Use the key to clean the glass with a sponge. You will see the difference in the before and after look.
- Furniture polish has ingredients that act quickly on the surfaces of glass. Just spray on the door’s surface and use a cloth or rag to wipe it off. Such a procedure also ensures that the glass remains in a maintained position for long.
Though these sound like a few handy tips and tricks, it helps maintain the bathroom clean for a longer time. But keep a routine and regularly indulge in cleaning the bathrooms so that one-time pressure can be avoided. Regular cleaning ensures that the area remains maintained and clean.
Undoubtedly, the market is populated with chemically active bathroom cleaners with an odor and may not be environment-friendly. Moreover, the harsh chemicals of the cleaning agent may react on the skin as these are potent chemicals. Trying home remedies will help you get the same impact without causing any damage to you and the environment.