QuickBooks is a feature-rich bookkeeping software that has helped businesses overcome financial management issues. With its flawless accounting and dependable services, QuickBooks has been established as the leading software in its category. QuickBooks helps to reduce the user’s efforts in managing the finance and lets them focus on other productive enhancements for their business. But we all know that software always gambles with internal errors that develop randomly, causing inconvenience to the users. Error PS077 in QuickBooks Desktop can be alarming while updating the payroll service. On the off chance your system is also infected with this error bothering you while downloading the payroll updates, we have combined the causes and solutions to this error. Keep reading ahead to know more!
You can give a call at 1-855-948-3646 to reach our QB support team committed to helping you troubleshoot QB-related issues.
Description of the error
You might have encountered this error while downloading or installing the payroll updates in QuickBooks. The occurrence of this error indicates the failure of QuickBooks in establishing a connection with the downloaded update file. During the update process, when the software lacks an essential file and fails to access it, this error will develop and cause trouble. Another case for the emergence of this error is when QuickBooks is not activated. The software will succumb to this error, and the payroll will not update till you get rid of this error. The software can crash or freeze after sending out an error message on the screen.
Some of the most potential circumstances that encourage the development of this error in QuickBooks are listed below-
- The Payroll subscription is inactive, or QuickBooks didn’t validate the renewal of this service.
QuickBooks is not registered.
- The version of QuickBooks or Windows is outdated due to missed updates.
- The CPS folder has inflicted some damage.
- The User Account Control Settings restrict QuickBooks from making changes to your PC.
- The update file suffered data losses during the download due to a lousy internet connection.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036
You don’t need to worry, as some of the most effective solutions to this error are compiled below-
Procedure 1- Check & Verify that the payroll subscription is active in QuickBooks
You may be unaware of an expired payroll subscription, or the renewal wasn’t validated by QuickBooks. You can check the payroll subscription by following these steps-
- Open QuickBooks on your PC and close the company file.
- Click on the Employees menu, select My payroll service, and tap Manage Service Key.
- In the next window, make sure the Service Name is correct and the status is highlighted as Active.
- Click on Edit and verify that you have entered the correct service key; enter the right service key if it’s incorrect.
- Tap Next, ensure the Open Payroll Setup box option is not checked, and click Finish.
Let’s move to the next method if the payroll subscription is active.
Procedure 2- Activate your QuickBooks Desktop
This error can also occur if your QuickBooks is not registered. You can check this by following the steps below-
- Open the Product Information window by pressing F2 in QuickBooks.
- If you see Activated besides the license number, you don’t need to do anything and can move to the next method.
But if it’s not activated, here’s how to activate your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks on your PC.
- Click the Help menu and select Activate QuickBooks Desktop.
- Fill out all the required info and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Activation process.
- Reopen QuickBooks and try to update the payroll again.
If the issues are still present in the software, jump to the next method.
Procedure 3- Rename the CPS folder to repair the damage
A damaged or inaccessible file in the CPS folder can also be a reason for this error in your QuickBooks. This CPS folder is located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\Payroll\CPS (XX denotes the QB version). Follow the steps below to repair the folder-
- Go to the folder location on the hard drive.
- Right-click on the folder and add OLD in the folder name. The new name for the folder will be CPSOLD.
- Try to update your payroll again.
If issues while updating persist, here’s the next method.
Procedure 4-Configure the User Account Control settings
The User Account Control settings don’t allow any program to make unwanted changes to your device. This is a protocol for saving your data from any malicious threats that can enter your PC through the internet or any application on your computer. Follow the steps below to make changes in the UAC settings-
- Go to the Control Panel using the search panel.
- Click on User Accounts and select the Change User Account Control Settings option.
- There will be a slider in the window; place it on Never Notify to turn the UAC settings off. You can move the slider to Always Notify to turn On the settings later.
- Save the settings and retry updating Payroll.
If the issues still exist, move on to the next method.
Procedure 5- Utilize Quick Fix my program to fix any internal issues in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Tool hub offers numerous tools that can be used to tackle common problems with the software. The latest version(220.127.116.11) of Tool hub should be installed on your computer(recommended by QuickBooks). If the Tool hub is already updated, go for the repairing-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub on your computer.
- Click on Program Problems and select Quick Fix my Program from the drop-down menu.
- Wait till the repair is complete and try to update payroll again.
If the software is still unable to update payroll, use the next method.
Procedure 6- Update your QuickBooks and download the entire payroll update again
An outdated version of QuickBooks can cause many errors you might be unaware of. You should always keep your QB updated with every new update released by Intuit. The Update file may also be harmed due to a damaged download. Use the steps below to download the entire payroll update again-
- Type ‘QuickBooks’ in the search panel.
- Right-click on the QB icon and select Run as Administrator.
- Click the Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Go to the Update now tab and make sure the Reset Update option is checked.
- Click on Get Updates to download the updates and click Install now whenever the software prompts.
- After the QuickBooks is updated, click on the Employees menu and select Get Payroll Updates.
- Select Download the entire payroll update, and click on Update.
The payroll update will be successfully installed in QuickBooks after using these procedures.
We are at the farthest limit of this blog that aimed to provide the intricate details of error PS077 in QuickBooks Desktop. The probable reasons for developing this error and its precise solutions are also included in the blog. We anticipate that the solutions were helpful, and the payroll update error was resolved from your QuickBooks.
If you still have any doubts, call 1-855-948-3646to approach a QB support team for further assistance.
Related Search Terms : Error installing payroll updates PS032, Error PS077 While Updating Payroll, Payroll updates are not downloading error PS077, PS077 when downloading payroll, QuickBooks 2018 Error PS077, QuickBooks Desktop Error PS077
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error PS038